6.25.2012

Wearing Von M

I am not used to wearing expensive brands. I might not even get to wear designer brands in this lifetime. But that don't bother me as I am wearing my most priceless possession, my Von M.

So what is babywearing? It simply means carrying your baby using a sling or carrier.

Our babywearing journey began a week after I gave birth to Von. I didn't know much about baby carriers then so I just bought one of the cheaper carriers from Amazon, the Evenflo BabyGo Glide Soft Carrier.  We got to use it twice then destashed it since he didn't like to be worn in it. We decided to get an upgrade. Soon after the Evenflo got sold, Mommy J recommended Ergo. And as if it was meant to be, Mommy M was selling a few Ergo units for an affordable price. We got an Ergo Petunia Pickle Bottom Evening in Innsbruck. Von M really loved being worn in his Ergo.
Babywearing in Organic Ergo Petunia Pickle Bottom Evening in Innsbruck at Ergo's Booth during ExpoMom 2012

We so enjoyed babywearing that I started to read more about it and learned the correct leg position when carrying one's baby. Good thing we got rid of our Evenflo carrier as it didn't support the correct position. I feel bad though for the one I sold it to.

 Source: http://ecochildsplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Screen-shot-2012-01-31-at-9.41.35-AM.png

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-BabyGo-Glide-Baby-Carrier/dp/B001H0GF0Q
Noticed that it doesn't support the correct leg position?
So anyway, our journey continued. After reading different babywearing articles, I got introduced to other types of carriers: SSCs, wraps, ring slings etc. The more I read about them, the more I want to try them on. Thus slowly I began purchasing more carriers. 

Babywearing in Saya VTB Size 0 Green / On my SIL Saya VTB Size 1 Plum


 
Babywearing in Bailey's Wrap Yellow

 

 Babywearing in Bailey's Wrap Gray

 
Babywearing in my DIY Woven Wrap
 


Babywearing in Next9 Ring Sling

 

Babywearing in Moby Wrap


 Babywearing in Tickled Moms Mei Tai (latest addition to our carrier stash)


No comments:

Post a Comment