7.06.2012

Semi-Homemade Carbonara

With a new baby and all, I rarely step into the kitchen and cook the past months. I let our help do the cooking. But a week ago, J started complaining on the quality of our meals. It seemed to him that the food were not cooked with love and passion. He said and I quote "for compliance only meals". I know he just misses my cooking. We haven't had a house help before the baby so I do the cooking for him most of the time. So after several parinig about the food, I promised him that I will start cooking (for him) again. Day 5 in the kitchen, I decided I'll try to blog about some of the meals/recipes I made. We had Carbonara for our snacks. It is semi-homemade since I used both fresh and store-bought ingredients for this recipe.



Semi-homemade Carbonara

butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bulb onion,chopped
bacon, chopped
1 can Century Tuna flakes in oil, drained
1 pouch (200g) Del Monte Gourmet Sauce: Carbonara
2 egg yolks
2 merienda pack (175g each) Del Monte Spaghetti
Eden cheese, grated

In a large pot of boiling salted water with oil, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, start the bacon. Cook chopped bacon until slightly crisp. Remove and drain onto paper towels / table napkins.

In a skillet, add a small size of butter. Saute garlic and onion. Throw in the tuna flakes. Cook for a minute then add the crispy bacon. Pour in the Del Monte Carbonara Sauce. Let it cook for a few minutes. Remove from heat and add the egg yolks while constantly stirring. Add the pasta, tossing constantly to coat. Serve topped with grated cheese (and a bottle of coke.hehehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment